Mindfulness is a practice that a continuing number of people are beginning to incorporate into their lives every single day. If you are one of these brilliant individuals who have adopted this practice, you might notice that every once in a while you need an extra boost of motivation to inspire yourself on this sometimes difficult journey. Here are 15 powerful mindfulness quotes that you can keep in your pocket throughout your day.
According to the iNLPCenter, mindfulness has many research backed benefits. These include stress reduction, letting go of emotional reactivity, strengthening your working memory, conserving clarity of thought under pressure, coping better with anxiety, thinking flexibly, overcoming addictions, improving your physical health, pain reduction, and much more.
Mindfulness has had it’s rise in popularity thanks to the positive psychology movement. Psychologists decided to turn the focus on mental and behavioural health illnesses away from the mainstream and study more of the psychological characteristics of positivity, happiness, and practices such as mindfulness, meditation, yoga, etc.
There is no shortage of inspirational quotes out there. We have decided to comb through hundreds of mindfulness quotes for you in order to get to the 15 most powerful quotes that will inspire you to be living in the moment and embracing mindfulness throughout your day.
15 Powerful Mindfulness Quotes
1. Wherever you go, there you are.Jon Kabat-Zinn
2. To think in terms of either pessimism or optimism oversimplifies the truth. The problem is to see reality as it is.Thích Nhất Hạnh
3. That’s life: starting over, one breath at a time.Sharon Salzberg
4. Many people are alive but don’t touch the miracle of being alive.Thích Nhất Hạnh
5. Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life.Thích Nhất Hạnh
6. Meditation is not evasion; it is a serene encounter with reality.Thích Nhất Hạnh
7. Step outside for a while – calm your mind. It is better to hug a tree than to bang your head against a wall continually.Rasheed Ogunlaru
8. Be where you are, otherwise you will miss your life.Buddha
9. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.Buddha
10. Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.Buddha
11. The only way to live is by accepting each minute as an unrepeatable miracle.Tara Brach
12. One who is patient glows with an inner radiance.Allan Lokos
13. Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves – slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.Thích Nhất Hạnh
14. When you bow, you should just bow; when you sit, you should just sit; when you eat, you should just eat.Shunryu Suzuki
15. With our thoughts we make the world.Buddha